Sunday, September 2, 2012

Fleece Longies

While PGF was napping yesterday, I decided to try my hand at making fleece longies.  They definitely didn't turn out great.  They're ok for first and second attempts, but I clearly need practice.

Sadly, with practice, comes botching some decent fabric.  Sigh.

The first pair I made were from pink camo fleece.  They're too small for Princess Girl Face.  I followed the directions on the pattern for the length of the waistband, yet it came out way too small for the size of the pants.  So there's some ugly bunching, and they barely fit over her fluffy butt.

Squeeeeze

You can see the screwed up waistband here.

Also, being my first time attempting to sew pants, I screwed up the crotch and hems.  I didn't realize how hard it would be to sew the crotch, so of course I left a hole.

I also can't seem to sew in a straight line for hems.

Well after the first pair, I made another, in hopes they'd fit Princess Girl Face better.  They do, but barely.  I extended the waist band on the pattern, but it still wasn't enough for the size of the pants and there was more bunching.  It was a larger band though, so the pants actually fit.  I screwed up again, though, this time I put the waistband backwards and again couldn't sew the hems straight.


Look at those wonky lines on the hem!  Oy!

So I obviously need practice.  But I also need more fleece.  I guess a trip to the store is in order soon.

On another, happier, note.  Princess Girl Face is 10 months old!  I'm so blown away by how fast these months have gone by.  I still feel like I just found I was pregnant.  

I love everyday with her, it's such a wonderful journey.

A romantic picnic with her boyfriend.


No comments:

Post a Comment